Warehouse Associate Driver Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York City Cultural Affairs Queens
New York City Cultural Affairs Queens urgently required following position for Warehouse Associate Driver Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Warehouse Associate Driver Assistant Jobs Vacancy in New York City Cultural Affairs Queens Jobs Details:
- Materials for the Arts (MFTA), a program of the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA), is a 40 year old creative reuse operation that collects and distributes donated materials and supplies and provides them, free of charge, to nonprofit organizations and City agencies with arts programming, as well as NYC public schools. MFTA is a public-private partnership that combines private support from its non-profit partner, Friends of Materials for the Arts (FOMA) with City funding and resources to provide important services to its members and programs for the public.
- Helping driver with donation pick-ups, and locating the proper pick up locations on schedule, loading and unloading donations and helping to label donations clearly for easy identification for warehouse processing.
- Promoting the MFTA program to donors and developing contacts at each location, providing assistance, answering questions, and filling out paperwork to record pickup, and help resolve issues
- Helping keep trucks and all associated equipment clean, organized and in proper working order; report any potential issues to management
- Processing donations: assisting with inventory control, computer data entry of donations, organizing and helping with preparation and set up of donated materials.
- Interacting with donors dropping off donations to the warehouse and providing assistance and answering questions when necessary.
- On shopping days, working with MFTA staff to prepare the warehouse before shopping begins and during shopping, checking out groups and facilitating the smooth transfer of materials to member organizations.
The Materials for the Arts program is seeking a Warehouse Associate/Driver Assistant. This position will perform a broad scope of duties to support the program, specifically working with MFTA’s driver picking up and transporting donations from citywide surrounding locations. In addition this position will assist the warehouse team in all necessary tasks and functions of Warehouse Operations. Diverse responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
In the warehouse:
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Solid computer skills and ability to accurately execute detailed paperwork
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to perform as a team player
- Must have the ability to handle items safely, exhibiting good judgment, and follow instructions and general guidelines
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations highly desired
- Familiarity of NYC citywide surrounding areas
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/careers and search for Job ID # 397513
NOTE: Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. For more information about DCLA, visit us at: www.nyc.gov/culture