Helpdesk Support Technician Jobs Vacancy in Trax Goddard Space Flight Center Greenbelt
Trax Goddard Space Flight Center Greenbelt urgently required following position for Helpdesk Support Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Helpdesk Support Technician Jobs Vacancy in Trax Goddard Space Flight Center Greenbelt Jobs Details:
Responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and assisting in resolving issues with applications, systems, and equipment used by NASA Information and Logistics Management Division and Goddard Space Flight Center resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support and responds to all assigned Help Desk tickets and Change Requests; troubleshoots and resolves reported user incidents and fulfilling user requests.
- Monitors Work Information Tracking System (WITS) entries for accuracy and completeness, and ensures all procedure books, configuration diagrams, maintenance agreements and other required documentation are maintained.
- Follows and executes documented processes, answering incoming user calls, routing tickets for approval, and provides technical assistance for customers and application analysts.
- Independently troubleshoots a variety of hardware/software problems, and resolves in a timely manner. Makes recommendations on operational procedures and enhancements.
- Provides onsite support and remote support with approved NASA tools.
- Assists in maintaining technical and training documentation, to include the development and publication of standard operating procedures for systems and processes.
- Coordinates with other Agency resources to help resolve network problems or issues.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues as required.
- Assists in supporting and complying with internal and external audits and performs Computer Emergency Response Team actions.
- Maintains technical proficiency as new IT technologies are implemented. Keeps abreast of new and developing IT technologies and makes recommendations, as appropriate, to improve or correct department’s services and system performance.
- Documents any changes to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the continued operation of the systems; maintains hardware/software inventories.
- Must be punctual, detailed-oriented and have excellent written and communication skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Able to lift computer hardware weighing 50-75 lb.
- Five years’ minimum experience in supporting web-based applications in a Help Desk Call Center environment.
- Experience supporting users of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 and MAC OS X.
- Experience scripting, executing, and debugging Oracle and SQL Server SQL queries.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and Visio.
- Experience with SAP Material Master, Logistics, Warehouse, Equipment, and Inventory functions desired.
- Experience with the following systems and applications desired: FoxPro, FileMaker Pro, Extensis Portfolio, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field
Other Job Information (if applicable) TRAX is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports contributions of all individuals. TRAX is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, familial status, pregnancy, ancestry, national origin, handicap, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.