Accounting Clerk Jobs Vacancy in The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Cincinnati
The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Cincinnati urgently required following position for Accounting Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accounting Clerk Jobs Vacancy in The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Cincinnati Jobs Details:
Position Summary: The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Finance Department, assisting with overall accounting functions. Under general supervision, performs a variety of detailed accounting duties in accordance with standard accounting procedures and verifies data for completeness and accuracy. The Accounting Clerk daily responsibilities are often quantitative in nature and typically require use of computerized data management and analysis systems. This position provides assistance in maintaining a variety of financial transactions and records; compiling information and preparing reports and/or summaries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall accounting for the CSO, subsidiary, and partner organizations
- Completes accounting functions in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Prepares, reviews and enters daily cash receipts and prepares invoices as needed
- Review, code and enter vendor invoices into the accounting software
- Prepares vendor payment checks for mailing and files supporting documentation
- Participates in monthly general ledger reconciling and closing
- Participates in daily mail opening/check log procedure
- Enters annual budget and projection information into the accounting software
- Assists with grant preparation as required
- Maintains department calendar of activities, due dates and vacation dates
- Prepares and files various Federal, State and Local governmental reporting and payment forms on a regular basis
- Analyzes general ledger activity and proposes adjustments, as needed
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments
- Maintains and assists with company postage machine
- Assists accounting personnel, Human Resources, Director of Finance and CFO as needed
- Maintains all corporate documentation, correspondence, insurance, grant, and financial files in an orderly systematic manner
- Provides backup coverage for reception as needed
- Ensures the work area is clean, secure and well maintained
- Participates in the annual audit(s) as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Reporting Relationship: The Accounting Clerk reports to the Accounting Manager.
Candidate Requirements: This is an extraordinary opportunity for a professional accountant with a minimum of two plus years of accounting experience. Other qualifications include:
- Experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks or similar software
- Experience with Microsoft software products with a heavy focus on Excel
- Detail oriented individual with a high level of accuracy
- Cooperative attitude and willingness to learn and assist others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of discerning and maintaining confidentiality of information
- Ability to organize, evaluate, and present information effectively in writing and verbally
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits: The position garners a competitive salary and offers generous benefits including: medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance, health savings account contribution, 403(b) participation with employer contribution, up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave, flex time and the opportunity to work for an artistically thriving and financially stable nonprofit organization.
A Commitment to Inclusion: The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra’s commitment to inclusion is fundamental to who we are as an organization. Reflecting our community and the world around at every level – on stage, behind-the-scenes, and in neighborhoods throughout the region — is essential to the Pops present and future and makes us a stronger ensemble and institution. We encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Please put “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line.
No third party applications will be accepted.