Adoption Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Adoption Choices Texas Houston
Adoption Choices Texas Houston urgently required following position for Adoption Counselor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Adoption Counselor Jobs Vacancy in Adoption Choices Texas Houston Jobs Details:
Adoption Choices of Texas is a licensed, domestic adoption agency. We are seeking to hire a contractor for our role as an Bilingual Adoption Counselor in the Houston/Katy, TX area. Only Bilingual applicants must apply.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of service, compassion, and support throughout the adoption process. The right candidate must be flexible, as this job requires significant flexibility of working hours and locations to meet the needs of clients in crisis, and the availability to be present for a birth which may occur after normal business hours or on weekends. The right candidate is flexible during the daytime to accompany birth mothers to doctor appointments, lunch, etc. The position is ideal for someone that does other contract work, but it will not be compatible with other full-time, 8-5 employment. Applicants must have a passion for adoption, as it is vital for the right fit in the long-run. This is not an exclusive list, but as an Adoption Counselor responsibilities will include:
- Weekly meetings at our Katy office
- Helping Marketing in the community and attending events to market
Bilingual Calls for the entire state
Working Spanish birth parents across the state, she may live outside the Houston area (so travel to that region will be required)
- When needed, act as a witness for signing documents.
- Provide individual counseling to the biological parents, and support in progressing through the adoption plan with medical, emotional, and psychological stability.
- Provide counseling and support to adoptive parents through the adoption process once matched with the birth parents.
- Provide counseling reports to verify number and content of client contacts.
- Ensure that the adoption plan is meeting the needs of the birth parent.
- Ensure that the birth parent is continuing to progress through the adoption plan appropriately.
- Ensure the time at the hospital during labor/delivery and recovery goes smoothly.
- Comply with Texas Minimum Standards regarding licensed child-placing agencies.
*RESUMES WITHOUT THE BELOW QUALIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED DUE TO LICENSING STANDARDS. ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE IN HOUSTON AREA ONLY, HOLD A MINIMUM OF A BACHLEOR DEGREE AND MEET ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW. PLEASE DO NOT SEND A RESUME IF THESE DO NOT APPLY TO YOUR BACKGROUND. THANK YOU.
QUALIFICATIONS: We will only consider capable, compassionate individuals with a background in a human services field of study (a field of study designed to prepare an individual in the disciplined application of counseling, family therapy, psychology, or social work values, principles, and methods). In particular, we are seeking an individual who falls under the below qualifications and has the flexibility and disposition needed for the position. This is a contract position. Contractors are responsible to submit their own taxes.
REQUIRED: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work or other human services field. Two (2) years of documented full-time work experience in a child-placing agency conducting child-placing activities. We are only considering resumes with two (2) years of documented full-time work experience in a child-placing agency conducting child-placing activities. The experience may include supervised field placement or practicum in child-placing activities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $23.00 /hour
- Counseling: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Houston, TX (Required)
- English and Spanish (Required)