Administrative Associate Jobs Vacancy in University Arizona Tucson
University Arizona Tucson urgently required following position for Administrative Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Associate Jobs Vacancy in University Arizona Tucson Jobs Details:
Note: This posting has been updated in its posted rate of pay. As a result of this change, the review date has been extended to 06/12/2019.
UA Arts in Schools, a unit in the College of Fine Arts of the University of Arizona, is seeking an Administrative Associate to provide support to a family of in-school arts education outreach programs that serve low socio-economic status communities. UA Arts in Schools is comprised of four K-12 programs, including music and dance disciplines. A working knowledge of the programs’ objectives, operations, and procedures and an ability to explain them to instructors, school teachers, donors, and university partners is essential for the role of the Administrative Associate. The Administrative Associate must have strong written and oral communication skills in English, and bilingual candidates (in Spanish) are highly desired. This position provides an exciting opportunity for candidates to learn or develop skills in grant- and proposal-writing and those with prior experience in this area are desired. This role is primarily administrative, however, additional competencies in areas such as project management, social media and website content updates, database management, and/or photo and video organization and storage are also desirable. This position is ideal for a candidate that has proven success in administration and who is interested in learning new schools.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a working knowledge of the UA Arts in Schools programs’ objectives, operations, and procedures, and an overview of program curricula, learning goals, and anticipated results
- Collaborate in the coordination of calendars for the Executive Director, Assistant Director, and instructors
- Maintain databases for program participants, including contact information, enrollment data, and program evaluation data
- At the direction of the Assistant Director, collaborate on daily operations, logistics, bookkeeping, and general office support
- Communications with partner schools/districts, instructors, and university partners
- At the direction of the Assistant Director, edit communications and operational documents, including letters, agreements, applications, newsletters, promotional literature, and marketing materials
- Assist with assembling grant-writing materials, including researching potential opportunities, precise narrative writing, maintenance of a calendar of grant due dates, and the preparation of supplementary materials
- At the direction of the Assistant Director, research and collect data on music education trends and policy
- Update and maintain social media content, in accordance with K-12 student privacy policies, and updates of the UA Arts in Schools website content
- Assist in event-planning of guest artist residencies, school assemblies, master classes, concerts, professional development, and other events
- Presence at all UA Arts in Schools events on occasional nights and weekends.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
- Demonstrated command of formal writing skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and make informed decisions as well as working fluidly in a small team
- Fluent use of standard office software, including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat PDF editor, as well as Google- and Outlook-based calendar, email, and cloud platforms
Bachelor’s degree in Business or field pertinent to work unit AND one year of directly related administrative experience; OR, five years of directly related administrative experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of K-12 education environment
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in any aspect of outreach or community engagement
- Experience in grant-writing or research
- Experience updating social media, web, and database content, including Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp, Wix, and WordPress
- Bilingual in Spanish