Director Admissions And Enrollment Services Jobs Vacancy in Usc Los Angeles
Usc Los Angeles urgently required following position for Director Admissions And Enrollment Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Admissions And Enrollment Services Jobs Vacancy in Usc Los Angeles Jobs Details:
DIRECTOR of COMMUNICATIONS
The University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education is seeking a Director of Admissions with a commitment to service excellence and equity mindfulness to join its leadership team. In this position, the Director of Admissions will report directly to the dean and will oversee all aspects of a school or department's numerous enrollment services and processes, providing vision, supervision, implementation, an evaluation of effective, student-centered recruitment and selection.
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Dean and working with senior leadership of the school, the Director of Admissions will be responsible for the execution and assessment of enrollment policy and practice within the USC Rossier School of Education. This position will be responsible for the overall program of student outreach and recruitment, student selection, scholarship and student aid awards and coordination, enrollment related marketing and web services across the school, and enrollment and student research to guide school-wide and enrollment policy and decision-making. The ideal candidate is a team player and collaborative leader, with an advanced degree in a related field and excellent and progressively responsible experience in higher education admissions and enrollment management. The ability to translate the mission of the school externally and to attract and enroll mission related students is critical.
USC Rossier is celebrating its centennial this 2018-19 academic year. And at 100, we are the oldest graduate school of education in Southern California. We are ranked #12 according to U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of schools of education and are considered one of the 15 best graduate schools of education in the country for the third year in a row. We are a powerhouse in funded research, ranking #1 in funded research per faculty member for a second consecutive year.
Our programs include: five doctoral degree programs, 11 master’s degree programs, 11 professional development programs and 3 undergraduate minor programs.
Our mission is “to prepare leaders to achieve educational equity through practice, research and policy. We work to improve learning opportunities and outcomes in urban settings and to address disparities that affect historically marginalized groups.” We work every day to operationalize and live out this mission in everything we do or aspire to do. Our mission represents a consensus of faculty, staff and students, who all informed its creation in 2017. The mission defines our priorities and self-assessments as a graduate school of education. We walk the walk: Each academic program has been reviewed for alignment to our mission and to ensure syllabi reflect the race- and gender-based diversity of education scholarship. Our search committees are trained on implicit bias. We are transparent about student and faculty demographics.
USC Rossier is creating a workplace centered around equity, diversity, opportunity and access, professional growth, and the “Rossier Way.” The Rossier Way is an initiative aimed at creating a culture of caring with six words that guide us in establishing every day equity: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
We are looking for top talent to join us in our work and help move us to the next level.
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various U.S. and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
The candidate for the position of Director of Admissions must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, administration, higher education, or a related field
- Six years' experience in higher education admissions and recruitment, with extensive experience in a leadership or management role, and solid knowledge of transfer credit policies and financial programs.
- Exemplary written and oral communication and presentation skills, with experience developing communication plans, instructional materials, and related content.
- Deep understanding of the messaging nuances required for various audiences and distribution channels.
- Deft ability to gather, analyze, evaluate, and assess large amounts of physical and digital data.
- Skilled in interviewing, counseling, conflict resolution, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Proven ability to interpret, analyze, and apply pertinent policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements.
- Skilled at organization, with astute attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills for communicating tactfully with all levels of staff, media, and diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to lead and guide diverse, high-performing teams, fostering an environment of trust, collaboration, transparency, and accountability.
The ideal candidate for the position of Director of Admissions has the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in a relevant field, such as business management, administration or higher education.
- Eight years direct experience in admissions and recruitment at a higher education institution.
- Demonstrated ability to meet enrollment targets, working both independently and collaboratively.
- Experience with community organizers and non-profit organizations.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other foreign languages.
- Experience with customer-relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Demonstrated experience with office management communication software/tools (e.g., Google suite, Slack, Skype) and social media management.
THE DIRECTOR of ADMISSIONS:
- Oversees all aspects of a school or department's numerous enrollment services and processes, providing vision, supervision, implementation, and evaluation of effective, student-centered recruitment and selection.
- Liaises with central admissions and communications offices, interprets data regarding recruitment, application, and admission, and develops school or department-wide strategies and activities.
- Initiates or assists the planning and design of enrollment services' research agenda and recruitment calendar.
- Oversees regular review, evaluation, and reporting of admissions application, credentials and pre-requisites.
- Identifies and develops marketing messaging and opportunities to increase school/department and the university at special recruitment events.
- Supervises all unit staff and daily operations, and develops and maintains close working relationships with the university community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Resume and cover letter required. Please do not submit your application without these documents.