Insurance Collector Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville
Tennessee Oncology Nashville urgently required following position for Insurance Collector. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Insurance Collector Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville Jobs Details:
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: Review monthly accounts receivables, follow up for resolution, insurance contact and claim re-files when necessary. Knowledge of oncology billing reimbursement as well as CPT-4, ICD-9, HCSPS coding required.
- Works and/or maintains every account in the assigned AR in the 60+ day categories. Reviews EOBs within a two-week turnaround.
- Documents accurate collection activity in the collection tracking notes.
- Evaluates status of accounts and prioritizes collection action (letters, phone calls, staff assistance).
- Calls on outstanding balances due from carriers in a timely manner.
- Telephones, interviews, and counsels patients on outstanding self-pay balances.
- Responds to incoming telephone or mail inquiries in a prompt, timely manner.
- Completes write-off adjustment forms for accounts needing necessary adjustments and turns in to Team Leader with appropriate documentation attached.
- Maintains collection logs for distribution to other teams for use in identifying areas needing attention/correction.
- Advises Team Leader of any unusual collection accounts as they become delinquent or are in question.
- Prepares daily user reports for Team Leader review and filing along with appropriate notes/documentation.
- Works with Registrars and other staff to gather necessary information for proper account work/collection activity.
- Maintains a complete understanding of HCPCS/ICD/CPT oncology coding and specific carrier requirements/knowledge.
- Previous commercial collections experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, demonstrating initiative, mature judgment and customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Exceptional Multi-tasking, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skillsSkill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in the use of end-user computer applications regarding productivity (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), database and patient billing and other medical information systems.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
- Must possess high degree of professionalism and adaptability.
- One year of experience in directly related role
- Must be willing and able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary