Childcare Specialist Kids Club Prek Jobs Vacancy in Scottsdale Usd Phoenix
Scottsdale Usd Phoenix urgently required following position for Childcare Specialist Kids Club Prek. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Childcare Specialist Kids Club Prek Jobs Vacancy in Scottsdale Usd Phoenix Jobs Details:
PAY GRADE: I
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
THIS POSITION WILL BE A FLOAT POSITION AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT SITES. HOURS ARE 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. AND WILL INCLUDE TIME IN KIDS CLUB AS WELL.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The job Childcare Specialist is done for the purposes of assisting the Child Care Coordinator with the planning of the before and after school program and the on-site supervision of children and staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees and community.
- Responsible for the on-site operations including the planning of activities, supervision of staff and children and maintaining compliance with the Arizona Department of Health Services Rules and Regulations.
- Keep the Child Care Coordinator informed of staff and student activities.
- Order the necessary supplies to carry out program activities.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment at the site.
- Maintain acceptable behavior standards and make sure that behavior is consistent with district and program policy.
- Cultivate supportive relationships with the staff of the host school.
- Assist with record keeping for the site.
- Annually complete a minimum of 18 verifiable hours of approved training per Arizona Department of Health Services regulations.
- Other job related duties as assigned including but not limited to coverage of Early Bird and Pre-K / Preschool and camps.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (positions in this class typically require):
Must meet the staff qualifications to be a Facility Director under section R9-5-401 of the Arizona Administrative Code. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and provide written documentation of one of the following:
- High school or high school equivalency diploma, 24 months of qualifying child care experience and completion of at least 6 credit hours in early childhood, child development or closely related field in an accredited college or university, or 60 actual training hours in early childhood or closely related field and 12 hours in program administration, planning development or management.
- N.A.C., C.D.A.,C.C.P. or C.P.C. credential and at least 18 months of qualifying child care experience
- A minimum of 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university with at least 6 credit hours in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 18 months of qualifying child care experience
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 6 months of qualifying child care experience
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field, and 3 months of qualifying child care experience
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: (positions in this class typically require):
Applicants will need to provide proof of the qualifications listed in ARS R9-5-401 (see above) at the following at the time of their interview including:
- A copy of a High School Diploma or GED
- A copy of College Transcripts and/or Diploma (If applicable)
- Copies of training/workshop/seminar certificates (If applicable)
After interviewing, applicants recommended for hire will receive instructions on how to obtain as a condition of employment:
- Proof of a negative mantoux TB test within the last year
- A signed immunization statement against measles, rubella, diphtheria, mumps and pertussis
- A fingerprint clearance card
- A signed Criminal History Affidavit
KNOWLEDGE: (position requirements at entry):
SKILLS: (position requirements at entry):
- Must qualify as a facility director under section R9-5-401 of the Arizona Administrative Code
- Background in early childhood education or related fields.
- Experience with school age children in a group setting.
- Hold current first aid and CPR certification or be able to obtain within 30 days.
- Effective communication skills
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Return To Work Retirees will have an hourly rate approximately 9% lower than listed below without falling below minimum wage.