Associate Computer Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tinkrworks Llc Hinsdale
Tinkrworks Llc Hinsdale urgently required following position for Associate Computer Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Computer Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Tinkrworks Llc Hinsdale Jobs Details:
Associate Computer Engineer at TinkRworks
Do you have a passion for combining electronics, coding and making skills to create projects? Are you curious about new technologies and find yourself tinkering with them? Do you enjoy teaching these skills to others?
If so, then a job at TinkRworks is right up your alley!
TinkRworks, a new and innovative company delivering exceptional STEAM experiences to children, is looking for a technologist with strong skills in electronics and software development to join our team. This individual will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and will be focused on delivering top-notch technology across the company.
In this role, you will bring project concepts to reality by combining hardware and software elements into fully functional prototypes and product that are delivered in classes and summer camps. You will have responsibility for technology decisions around selecting microcontrollers, motor drivers and other electrics and even creating custom PCBs. On the software side, you will develop embedded software on a range of 8-bit thru 64-bit CPUs. Additionally, you will be involved directly and indirectly with the development of educational curriculum for projects teaching science and technology concepts. For examples of the types of projects that TinkRworks develops, please visit our website at www.TinkRworks.com.
- Conceptualize, prototype, develop, and document electronics projects that leverage microcontrollers, sensors, motors, and wiring/connectors
- Develop embedded software to control microcontrollers and sensors in student project kits
- Develop PCBs for assembly such as Arduino shields, Raspberry Pi hats, or new project boards
- Definition and implementation of your own maker projects that facilitate STEAM education.
- Assist in development of instructional material, including slides, lesson plans and assembly instructions to support delivery of projects to children.
- Serve as technical support in-class during the first-run deliveries of content to children.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Deep passion for technology
- Self-starter, self-directed
- Creative, out of the box thinker
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers
- Knowledge of C or C++
- 1 to 3 years of experience in computer engineering
- PCB design and assembly experience using Eagle or KiCAD
- Experience with DC motors and electronic sensors
- Familiarity with Arduino, Raspberry Pi or similar boards
- Knowledge of FPGA devices and programming
- Experience working with children in an academic setting
TinkRworks is creating the next generation of innovators and problem-solvers by delivering exceptional STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) experiences to children. Through hands-on summer camp and after-school programs, we go beyond school learning and give young students space to explore real-world problems with cutting-edge tools and technologies. Tinkering develops life-long problem-solving and critical thinking skills; these are capabilities that will comprise the majority of global job growth for years ahead. The world increasingly needs creative thinkers to shape the future. TinkRworks is where tomorrow’s makers are made!
Job Type: Full-time
- C/C++: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts