Manufacturing Engineer Woodshop Jobs Vacancy in Landscape Forms Kalamazoo
Landscape Forms Kalamazoo urgently required following position for Manufacturing Engineer Woodshop. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manufacturing Engineer Woodshop Jobs Vacancy in Landscape Forms Kalamazoo Jobs Details:
Each member of theLandscape Forms team is expected to actively support the four Scanlonprinciples and the OnTrac criteria. We believe these arecrucial to the success of an individual and the overall success of thecompany.
At all levels, theManufacturing Engineer position provides focused technical support tomanufacturing areas for both standard product production and in support of newproduct development for Site Furniture, Lighting, Structure, and Studio 431business segments. Responsibilities include equipment procurement and training,tooling design, production facility layout management, production capacityanalysis, process improvement project identification and execution, warrantyinvestigation, time studies, and standard work and lean production systemtool development and maintenance. Engineers are key collaborators onproduct engineering testing, test report documentation, and new productdevelopment tooling design.
Within the ManufacturingEngineering Tech role, engineers are acutely focused on equipment and toolingtechnical support; this includes CNC program development to support bothstandard and new products, and CNC program database management.
All engineers areresponsible for executing these responsibilities within their assignedspecialized area, making good, informed decisions that focus on safety,cost, quality and delivery.
Principal Responsibilities, (Other duties may beassigned)
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibilitysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
1. Operate within facility safety guidelines.
2. Support manufacturing objectives: develop,implement and maintain area/product-specific work instructions, time studies,PFMEAs, preventative maintenance, and other related standard work and leanproduction tools
3. Create and execute continuous improvementprojects to improve production processes, equipment and tooling
4. Conduct area capacity analysis and ensure allimplemented processes and equipment support optimal cost, quality and safety.
5. Collaborate with engineers, manufacturing teammembers, designers, suppliers, tool builders, and associates to support newproduct launches through the PDL system, and to support Applications requests
6. Prepare cost justification, quotes and proposalsfor new products, new equipment, and capital projects
7. Additional responsibilities within the ME techrole:
· Write and maintain product-specific CAM programsfor area equipment
· Document best-practices and maintain anorganized program database
· Create controlled documents for program-specificoperator visuals and instructions as needed
· Provide program time estimates and projectquoting assistance for Studio 431 and Applications work
8. Other projects and responsibilities asnecessary.
Criteria for Success
Must have a history ofachievement with an emphasis on customer service and problem-solving. Strongcandidates must have a track record of success developing manufacturingtooling and designing lean manufacturing processes. Must have the desire tocontinuously improve and be willing to accept responsibility fordecision-making. Must work well in a team environment, building a networkof relationships with a positive attitude.
Engineers must have theability to work independently and must objectively plan and organize tasks tomeet project deadlines. Must have strong written and oral communicationskills, and have the ability to communicate technical information effectivelywith individuals at all levels.
Education, Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree inEngineering or equivalent skill level, training or experience in related field.Must demonstrate knowledge in the use of lean manufacturing and projectmanagement tools. Engineers must possess the ability to read and interpretblueprints. Must be knowledgeable in the use of common quality systemtools such as PFMEA, Gage R&R, capability studies, GD&T, tolerancestack-ups, standard deviation and the use of a CMM. Must possess anunderstanding of basic manufacturing equipment including lathes, mills,routers, plasma, laser, rollers, welders, and presses. Must be proficient inSolidWorks CAD and Microsoft Office software. Experience in metalfabrication, cellular manufacturing, and a base knowledge of the properties ofmaterials used in site furniture such as steel, concrete, aluminum, wood, andplastics is required. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and dividein common units of measure and have a working knowledge of data collection,data analysis, and evaluation.
This role can be filledat various levels by individuals with a variety of backgrounds and/orexperiences. Reference the Engineering Career Advancement Matrix.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Mostly office, but maybe required to work in noisy or hot environment and around movingmachinery. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must beable to stand, sit, or walk for up to 10 hours. Reasonable accommodations maybe made for individuals with disabilities to perform principal accountabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday