Digital Media Internship Jobs Vacancy in Pencils Promise New York
Pencils Promise New York urgently required following position for Digital Media Internship. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Digital Media Internship Jobs Vacancy in Pencils Promise New York Jobs Details:
Pencils of Promise is seeking a digitally savvy, amiable, quick-witted self-starter to join the PoP Marketing Team. Core responsibilities for this internship are social media engagement and quality assurance for our digital space. As a Digital Media Intern, you will be instrumental in implementing the PoP voice across multiple digital platforms and will also help ensure our web space is bug-free by providing quality assurance to all new digital products. You'll make the essential connections between our work internationally, our campaigns, and our community members.
This is a paid part time (24 hour/week) internship from July 2019-December 2019. In the alternative, credit is available to those eligible.
- Social Media Analysis and Strategy: Work with Senior Manager of Content and Digital to identify effective social strategy across platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn) and with External Affairs Team to create campaign specific social media strategy
- Produce creative, bespoke content for social media posts and website content using Adobe Creative Suite or other design software
- Track and report on digital metrics with respect to following as well as conversion with a view to implementing insights and optimizing performance online
- Maximize impact of online content to keep our community connected to our work, including trialling innovative new digital strategies and content ideas
- Copywriting for PoP.org, campaign microsites, newsletters and social media based on a data driven understanding of PoP's audience and brand
- Management of social media communities including managing comments, questions, liking posts and responding to direct messages
- Identifying influencers or influential organizations online that PoP should partner with
- Quality Assurance of catching bugs, orchestrating usability tests, and beta testing all website pages
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree or recent grad in communications, marketing or graphic design
- Strong understanding of digital communication platforms (social media, digital communications, web)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, clear communications
- Passion for social media, digital culture, influencers, brand and building online communities
- Passion for the mission of Pencils of Promise and the PoP community
- Comfortable absorbing PoP's culture and directing our brand voice
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiative to find solutions
- Experience with bug tracking software a plus
- Knowledge of smart UX practices a plus