Benefit Advocate Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville
Tennessee Oncology Nashville urgently required following position for Benefit Advocate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Benefit Advocate Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville Jobs Details:
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: Benefit Advocates are responsible for verifying all new patients entering the Tennessee Oncology system including hospital patients. Identify any possible benefits issues or trends based on responses from the electronic verification system.
- Runs daily reports to identify new patients and performs initial verification on all new patients for assigned locations prior to appointment.
- Verify and load insurance for hospital grid patients.
- Check daily the electronic verification system to identify any possible benefit issues for patients with same day or future appointments and communicates any concerns to the appropriate staff.
- Properly flags accounts on possible benefit issues by documenting accounts and notifying appropriate parties as necessary.
- Requests initial referral for appropriate patient appointments, enters documentation into Patient Management system, and notifies the Insurance Authorization Coordinator.
- Maintains working knowledge of Coordination of Benefits as it relates to identifying possible claim issues prior to patient visit.
- Stays current on insurance changes utilizing all resources available (web sites, bulletins, emails, etc).
- Communicate any insurance changes to appropriate staff.
- Communicate when a patient becomes Self Pay, or obtains insurance after being Self Pay to the appropriate staff.
- Documents coverage comments in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system when reimbursement should be evaluated.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on insurance changes utilizing all available resources.
- Communicates with the team lead regarding issues with payer responses or trends in the electronic eligibility system.
- Follows policies and procedures as outlined by management to ensure standardization of processes.
- Notifies Coverage and Benefits Management of any issues that have potential for a negative outcome for the company.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and mature judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism and adaptability.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of end-user computer applications (MS work, Excel, Outlook), database and patient scheduling and other medical information systems.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service delivery skills.
- Ability to utilize websites, portal and electronic options when available to increase efficiency
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems using creative thinking skills, hands on problem solving skills and the ability to analyze and respond to data.
- Skilled at effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Skilled at Multi-tasking, organizational skills and superb attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Hospice and other payer requirements.
- Knowledge of clinic office procedures, medical practice and medical terminology.
- One year experience in a directly related role.
- Must be willing and able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary.