Residential Camp Counselor Housing Meals Provided Jobs Vacancy in Digital Media Academy Seattle
Digital Media Academy Seattle urgently required following position for Residential Camp Counselor Housing Meals Provided. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Residential Camp Counselor Housing Meals Provided Jobs Vacancy in Digital Media Academy Seattle Jobs Details:
Join Digital Media Academy’s Residential Camp Counselor Team!
CANDIDATES MUST APPLY FOR THE OVERNIGHT CAMP COUNSELOR ROLEONLINE VIA JOBS.DIGITALMEDIAACADEMY.ORG/SUMMER-POSITIONS
Founded in 2002 at Stanford University, Digital Media Academy is known for its premiere summer programs hosted at prestigious campuses. We provide hands-on, project-based learning experiences in a broad range of digital arts, media and technology topics, and are rapidly expanding abroad.
Residential (Overnight) Camp Counselor Openings are available at the following 2019 location:
- University of Washington in Seattle - July 15 -August 9. We are seeking a counselor for our male residential students. There will be orientation and camp setup the week prior to camp start date.
RESIDENTIAL TEAM: OVERNIGHT CAMP COUNSELORS
Our Overnight Camp Counselors (also referred to as Residential Camp Counselors) lead camp activities for campers in the evening after classes until lights out, and during the weekends. Overnight camp counselors are required to live on-site in the campus dormitories or other arranged accommodations in order to monitor students. Digital Media Academy provides accommodations and meal plans for Overnight Camp Counselors, as well as staff training.
This position is available at the following locations only: U.Washington - Seattle, U.Houston, and GWU.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assisting in location set-up, teardown, and product inventory/assessment
- Supervising overnight campers at all times in a safe, community-based environment
- Communicating daily with the Camp Director and Regional Director
- Attending weekly operational meetings to communicate any concerns/ideas and prepare for the next week
- Organizing and participating in weekly camper check-in, nightly activities, and community building exercises
- Assisting with administrative tasks. Duties will vary per location
- Administering medications and maintain detailed records
- Remaining on campus every evening and throughout the night
- Working through the weekend when campers are present. Weekend work includes organizing and leading approved off-campus excursions
- At least 20 years in age
- Has the drive to engage, mentor, and foster community with teens
- Some college education (high school diploma or equivalent is required)
- Extroverted personality that resonates with teens, accompanied by strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to relate to both youth and their parents
- Experience leading youth in a camp or educational setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to respond to critical incidents – have good hearing, eyesight and mobility
- Proven track record of being highly responsible and trustworthy (At least 3 references upon request)
TYPICAL WEEKLY SCHEDULE
(day camp is in session from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Sunday – Thursday nights all include sleeping overnight in the dorm
- Sunday Housing Check-In: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Monday: 7:15 am – 9:30 am & 4:00 pm – 7:15 am the following day. (lights out at 11pm)
- Tuesday – Thursday: 7:15 am – 9:15 am & 4:30 pm – 7:15 am the following day. (lights out at 11pm)
- Friday 7:15 am – 9:15 am & 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm (or until the last camper is picked up by his/her approved ride)
This position is compensated at a rate of $500/wk with accommodations and daily meals covered by Digital Media Academy during the counselor's contracted duration of employment. A parking pass may also be provided if the counselor is bringing a vehicle.
Please read through the FAQ and Hiring Details on our website for detailed information.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $500.00 /week
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- Youth engagement: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- 2 - 4 weeks