Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Mti Inc Medical Technology Industries Salt Lake City
Mti Inc Medical Technology Industries Salt Lake City urgently required following position for Accountant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Accountant Jobs Vacancy in Mti Inc Medical Technology Industries Salt Lake City Jobs Details:
Do you have experience in Accounting and want to contribute in a fast-moving environment where you’re expected to learn? Do you enjoy creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization—including working with purchase orders, vendors, invoicing, balancing the numbers precisely? Then we have a job for you! MTI is seeking an experienced and highly motivated accounting professional to join our team who possesses attention to detail, accuracy, and can work alongside a multitude of personalities. The Accountant will work closely with and report to the Financial Controller.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent years of experience.
- 3-5 years accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of computer use and systems navigation.
- 5+ years accounting experience.
- Perform functions across broad areas of accounting: Financial, managerial, cost, budgetary, tax, forensic, and auditing and assurance services.
- Work extensively within the company’s ERP system in developing and implementing proper keeping of financial records to perform tasks and research information.
- Communicate and build relationships with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform timely work with accuracy, thoroughness, and completeness to ensure compliance to all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions as defined within the department.
- Accounting principles and best practices across multiple areas of accounting.
- Systems navigation and use in entering, tracking, and researching accounting information.
- Administrative and clerical procedures, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking— Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Mathematics—Using mathematics to solve problems in real-world applications.
- Interacting with Computers—Using computers and computer systems to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Interpersonal Communication—Providing, observing, or receiving information to and from all relevant sources by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Documenting/Recording Information—Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Detail Orientation—Paying attention to details and making a conscious effort to understand causes, instead of just the effects, and avoiding mistakes.
- Process purchase order (PO) and non-PO related vendor invoices in our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Respond to vendor inquiries and interact with vendors regarding issues relating to invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements and work with buyers to resolve discrepancies.
- Book appropriate accruals for month end close and ensure all costs have been recorded in the correct period.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing of customer accounts.
- Record payments received and focuses on reducing the amount of past due balances.
- Place telephone calls related to outstanding receivable accounts.
- Assist in resolving billing discrepancies.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process.
- Perform other related duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
Working at MTI
MTI (Medical Technology Industries, Inc.) is a leading manufacturer of exam and procedure room equipment—selling our products worldwide with a focus on our employees and meeting our customer needs. As a rapidly growing business, MTI has a very bright future and remains true to its family culture and values. Each person has a high impact on our products, processes, customers’ experiences and our team; that’s why we value learning and becoming—not just knowing and doing. If you’re looking for satisfaction and pride in your work, a culture of doing right by people, and to contribute to something bigger than yourself—so are we! Visit mti.net/company to learn more.
Benefits You'll Enjoy
- Flexibility with work schedules.
- Educational assistance for job-related skills.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage—medical, vision, and dental.
- 8 paid holidays, plus a shifting schedule so you can have off the day after Thanksgiving.
- Annual bonuses and company events.
- Paid time off—you’ll start earning as soon as you’re hired.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical and daycare expenses.
- 401k retirement plan—100% company match up to 3% of your annual pay, plus a 50% match for the next 2%. The company match is always yours (immediate 100% vestment).
- $25,000 company-paid life insurance policy—with the option to purchase more if you’d like.