Mep Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in American Bridge Company Long Island-Queens
American Bridge Company Long Island-Queens urgently required following position for Mep Project Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mep Project Engineer Jobs Vacancy in American Bridge Company Long Island-Queens Jobs Details:
American Bridge Holding Company
Job Title: MEP Project Engineer
Reports To: Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: September 7, 2019
The MEP Project Engineer will oversee and coordinate thework of subcontractors (mechanical, electrical and plumbing). The MEP Engineeris responsible for ensuring safety, MEP schedule, quality of work and adherenceto the project budget. This project involves the upper roadway replacement ofthe Queensboro Bridge located in Long Island City, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractorswith regard to the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems included in theproject
· Responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, qualityof work performed and adherence to budget of the project.
· Managing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinatedproject operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures,precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule andall other appropriate matters.
· Managing the overall site safety program as required andensuring subcontractor compliance with standards and all applicable safetycodes and regulations.
· Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliancerequirements at all times.
· Creating schedules and determining sequencing of work.Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain project schedule,efficiencies and budget.
· Determining any out-of-sequence work required in advance inorder to maximize execution and completion of MEP systems.
· Communicating with owners and engineers in connection withfield issues. Investigating and resolving such issues.
· Working with the Engineer on the coordination effort for allmechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, equipment and piping layouts forall trades.
· Leading project inspections, startup, commissioning,turnover and training process, and punchlist required for acceptance andhandover of all the systems.
· Developing coordinated plans, processes, and sequencesrelated to the testing and commissioning effort utilizing tools to maximizeefficiencies for all trades involved.
Other Skillsand Abilities
· Must be able to legally work in the United States.
· Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment and agreeto a post offer drug test.
· Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordableincidents to a minimum.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, and solid presentationskills.
· Well organized and detail oriented with the ability tomulti-task.
· Excellent time management and communication skills.
· Highly effective writing, proofing, and editing abilities.
· Able to interact with all facets of employees includingSenior Managers and Executives.
Education and/or Experience
· Minimumof 5 years Experience in MEP
· Bachelor’sdegree in Construction Management, Engineering, or relevant field
· Generalknowledge of construction principles and processes.
· Abilityto read and interpret drawings and specifications.
· Comprehensiveknowledge of building construction means and methods, scheduling and costcontrol procedures, drawings and specifications
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general businessperiodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmentalregulations. Ability to write reports,business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions fromgroups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related tobusiness acumen, financial concepts, and various engineering relatedcalculations. A high math aptitude isnecessary for computer automation projects and logic. An understanding of statistics and otherhigher level math is necessary. Abilityto apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions topractical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a varietyof concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should haveknowledge of database software; AutoCAD; Internet software; Spreadsheetsoftware and Word Processing software, reporting tools related to databases.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee isregularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with handsand arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Theemployee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally liftand/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception andability to adjust focus.
General office environment.Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking forup to 20% of the time. The working environmentis generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are nohazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
American Bridge Company isan Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection is based on merit,qualifications, and abilities. AmericanBridge does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on thebasis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
- MEP Engineer: 4 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail