Secretary Jobs Vacancy in State Connecticut Colleges Universities Board Regents New Britain
- State Connecticut Colleges Universities Board Regents
- New Britain CT
- 08 Jun, 2019 30+ days ago
State Connecticut Colleges Universities Board Regents New Britain urgently required following position for Secretary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Secretary Jobs Vacancy in State Connecticut Colleges Universities Board Regents New Britain Jobs Details:
Located in New Britain, CT, Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) is a constituent unit of the Board of Regents for Higher Education (BOR), Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. As one of the State of Connecticut institutions of higher learning, CCSU is a regional, comprehensive public university dedicated to learning in the liberal arts and sciences and to education for the professions. CCSU offers a vibrant learning-centered community dedicated to teaching and to scholarship.
We are currently accepting applications from current State of Connecticut employees who meet the qualifications for lateral transfer or promotion to a Secretary 2 position. This full-time position is located in the Department of Music. This position will work Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current State of CT employee, who has permanent state status* and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- For employees in the classified service, permanent status is obtained after successful completion of a working test period. For employees in the unclassified service, permanent status is obtained after serving in a position for at least six months (full-time or full-time equivalent).
Should you have questions pertaining to any phase of this recruitment, please contact the hiring agency's human resources office: Kathy Callahan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Incumbents perform a variety of secretarial duties as illustrated in the following areas:
1. TYPING: Using a personal computer or other electronic equipment, formats and types a full range of correspondence, reports, bills, drafts, etc. from rough draft, transcription, dictated notes, etc. Proofreads for content; edits using knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
2. FILING: Designs office filing systems; organizes and maintains files (including confidential files); maintains, updates and reviews reference materials and manuals.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Composes complex letters and/or memoranda, etc. (e.g. explaining department practices/policies) for own or supervisor's signature.
4. REPORT WRITING: Compiles information from a variety of sources and prepares narrative or statistical reports, exercising judgment in the selection of items to be included.
5. INTERPERSONAL: Greets and directs visitors; answers phones and screens incoming calls; provides advice to callers regarding policy and procedures (e.g. citing a regulation to solve a specific problem); coordinates with others both within and outside of the organization on a variety of non-routine matters.
6. PROCESSING: Screens letters, memos, reports and other materials to determine action required; may make recommendations to the supervisor.
7. PERSONAL SECRETARY: Arranges and coordinates meetings (including space and equipment); researches, assembles and coordinates meeting materials (e.g. charts, graphs, reports); writes minutes of meetings, lectures, conferences, etc. from rough draft; takes notes using shorthand, speedwriting or machine transcription; prepares expense accounts; makes travel arrangements.
8. OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies when necessary; completes, processes and maintains paperwork for purchasing (e.g. orders, requisitions, invoices, etc.); maintains time and attendance records; assists in preparing and monitoring the office budget (e.g. compiles figures, reviews statistical reports, verifies expense items); designs and initiates new forms and procedures to facilitate workflow; performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience/training:
- Experience in Banner
- Experience in Higher Education and a fast-paced office
- Experience making arrangements for concerts, events and conferences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be neat, organized, reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word (including Mail Merge), and Filemaker Pro
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities