Program Support Jobs Vacancy in State Colorado Job Opportunities Denver
State Colorado Job Opportunities Denver urgently required following position for Program Support. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Support Jobs Vacancy in State Colorado Job Opportunities Denver Jobs Details:
About the Colorado Department of Education
Through setting a clear vision for increasing student performance, CDE continually supports the advancement and improvement of the state's education system to prepare all learners for success in a rapidly changing global workplace.
All students in Colorado will become educated and productive citizens capable of succeeding in society, the workforce, and life.
The mission of the Colorado Department of Education is to ensure that all students are prepared for success in society, work, and life by providing excellent leadership, service, and support to schools, districts, and communities across the state.
Why work for the Colorado Department of Education?
We offer a great location and great benefits which include:
- Medical and dental plans
- Strong, secure, yet flexible retirement plans including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan plus 401K and 457 plans
- Employee wellness programs
- Paid life insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Free ECO Pass
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Flexible work schedule options, training opportunities, and more.
Under the mission of CDE, this position exists to handle the administrative duties and responsibilities for the Office of Special Education in the Exceptional Special Education Services Unit and specifically the Access, Learning, and Literacy Team. Broad duties include general office and program support for federal grant funds administered within the office and unit. These office supports include organizing events, purchasing and accounting duties, data entry and retrieval, and file tracking and management. These program supports include providing assistance for annual budgets, grant writing, and technical assistance activities.
- Completes all appropriate CDE forms to ensure timelines are met for staff requesting various arrangements to be made for them including forms for approval and reimbursement for in-state travel, out-of-state travel, and non-CDE employee reimbursements
- Organizes and prepares internal and external meetings including arranging and securing meeting spaces, managing and tracking registration, completing official function forms, MOUs, contracts, and purchase orders and requisitions as necessary.
- Prepares agendas, programs, and other meeting materials that will be used by attendees
- Arranges meeting room setup, meals, and equipment for events
- Maintains records systems and electronic communication
- Assist other offices and program consultants for meetings as time permits
- Assists with program application, monitoring, and technical assistance support activities
- Maintains program, budget, and other files for consultant staff
- Coordinates scheduling of sign language interpreters, CART services, and closed captioning for ESSU training events and/or products.
- Orders supplies for consultant staff
- Assists with estimating budget expenses
- Provide supports for project and task management
- Maintains office calendar, contributes to the unit calendar and keeps floor calendars updated
- Develops and maintains databases and spreadsheets
- Assist other offices and program consultants with administrative program supports as time permits
- Supports external communication efforts by
- responding to or routing incoming email and phone requests from educational agencies and school districts
- maintaining listservs and email lists of educational agency and school district contacts
- submitting content for CDE's The Scoop
- provides content to the ESSU web content coordinator for the Office of Special Education
- assisting in front desk reception coverage
- Supports internal communication efforts by
- compiling and distributing meeting notes
- participating in department Administrative Support Network meetings and projects
Three years of general clerical experience with at least six (6) months of experience in coordinating multiple projects and tracking budget. This experience must be specifically identified in your employment history on the application to be considered.
Bachelor's degree in business administration may substitute for general clerical experience but not for the (6) six-month additional experience in project coordination and budget tracking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in an educational environment
- Experience in project or task management
- Experience in budget tracking and management
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to prioritize among multiple project demands.
- Attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement will result in your application being rejected.
Applicants MUST submit a resume, cover letter/letter of interest detailing how their experience and background address the stated minimum and preferred qualifications/competencies of the job and attach to the online application. Applications left blank or marked "See Resume" will not be accepted.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application.
- A cover letter with a written narrative. The written narrative should describe your interest in this position and specifically how your education, abilities, skills, and experience relate to the requirements, responsibilities and competencies listed in the job announcement.
- A resume (attach to your online application).
- A complete Supplemental Questionnaire (Submit online as a part of your application).
Note: Current and former employees (transfers, voluntary demotions, and reinstatements) if applying are required to participate in the comparative analysis process.
Colorado Revised Statutes require that state employees hired and promoted through a comparative analysis. The comparative analysis for this position will include a structured review of your application materials and responses to any supplemental questions. The comparative analysis process may also consist of Telephone Screening, Oral Assessment, Written Assessment, Online Assessment, etc. Candidates who most closely meet the job requirements will move through successive stages of the process.
Conditions of Employment:
A pre-employment criminal background check will be conducted as part of the selection process.
Former employees of the State of Colorado MUST have concluded employment in good standing to be eligible for rehire.
You MUST be a Colorado resident to apply for this position.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodations needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.