Tour Consultant Performance Events East South Central Jobs Vacancy in Brightspark Travel Chicago
- Tour Consultant Performance Events East South Central
- Brightspark Travel
- Chicago IL
- 11 Sep, 2019 9 days ago
Brightspark Travel Chicago urgently required following position for Tour Consultant Performance Events East South Central. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tour Consultant Performance Events East South Central Jobs Vacancy in Brightspark Travel Chicago Jobs Details:
About Brightspark Travel
Based out of Chicago, Illinois, and with regional offices throughout the country, Brightspark Travel is one of the leading North American student travel companies. Brightspark is part of one of the world’s largest exponential travel companies, Travelopia, with over 225 businesses and 25,000 employees worldwide. We have over 50 years of collective experience within the travel industry and our team is committed to giving our customers the best possible travel experience from the planning stage through their return home.
Our education products introduce students to the world of travel by extending their educational learning beyond the classroom and taking them to destinations like Washington D.C., Los Angeles and New York. Our performance products provide once in a lifetime experiences for artists of any age, with exclusive offerings like Voices on Broadway, Masters of Music and the National Performing Arts Festival and the Outback Bowl Half Time.
Brightspark Travel USA
A Performance & Events Sales Representative (referred to as Tour Consultant) specializes in working with Band, Choir, Orchestra and Theatre Directors from schools and community groups. Reporting to a Sales Manager, the Tour Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling Brightspark Travel school trips to achieve established sales targets. The Tour Consultant works with the Sales Manager to identify market opportunities and set sales strategy for defined area, territory or targeted accounts. This role partners closely with the Tour Associate to ensure the customer needs are met and the trip is a success.
An ideal candidate has training in the performing arts, a network with music/theatre directors and a passion for creating memories for students travel experience and has a business acumen that will drive them to reach sales targets.
Prospective candidate is expected to work either in the Chicago office or remote within the assigned territory.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Achieve all sales goals; develop new clients to build a sales book to $1-2.5m per annum
- Develop database of qualified leads through referrals, phone calls, cold calling, email and networking
- Follow up on leads from website and lead generation team and convert leads to sales
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and prioritize activity
- Maintain and grow profitability/margins across a book of business
- Maintain daily and weekly pipeline and activity reports
- Follow up on new leads and referrals to convert to sales
- Create a close working relationship with Tour Associate and other functional areas to ensure successful trips, satisfied customers, and achievement of sales retention goals
- Complete client needs assessment to then prepare and present proposals which meet group requirements
- Host meetings with parent, student, and administrative groups
- Ensure revisions to itinerary and trip budget are made as required
- Participate in regular sales meetings, company meetings and training sessions, including face to face sales meetings
- Travel as needed for destination training
- Travel as needed for territory development
- Represent Brightspark in a positive, ethical and professional manner
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated competitive spirit with a track record of winning
- Goal-focused, self-sufficient individual who takes initiative to grow sales
- Attainment of a Bachelors Degree
- 2-5 years direct and/or telesales experience
- Excellent negotiation, conversion and closing skills
- Experience in Music, Theatre or other Performing Arts
- Excellent communication skills - ability to work effectively with adults and youth
- Strong presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Exceptional work ethic, willingness to work additional hours during seasonal peaks as well as some weekends and evenings
- Exceptional computer skills i.e., Microsoft Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using CRM preferred
- Responsive team player
Brightspark US provides comprehensive employee benefits including provision of health, life, and vision coverage as well as generous paid time off policies. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.