Learning And Engagement Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Goodwill Industries International Inc Gii Rockville
Goodwill Industries International Inc Gii Rockville urgently required following position for Learning And Engagement Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Learning And Engagement Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Goodwill Industries International Inc Gii Rockville Jobs Details:
- Support a culture of continuous learning and engagement with the GII team and Goodwill membership through administration and maintenance of MyGoodwill, GII’s SharePoint based intranet site.
- Promote positive attitudes, beliefs and behaviors related to MyGoodwill. Act as Tier 1 support for end-users and site managers. Provide solutions and direct users to training material and available resources.
- Support operational governance of MyGoodwill, including consistent quality assurance review of sites, pages and content to ensure content maintains business relevance and follows recommended practices and guidelines
In alignment with the MyGoodwill strategy and in coordination with manager of learning and engagement, develop and propose innovative content solutions and/or SharePoint product solutions with a goal to enhance all users’ experience on the intranet.
- Support SharePoint product projects including site upgrades and improvement projects.
Listen critically to user feedback and experience and address site administration and maintenance challenges and requests.
- Perform SharePoint administration and content management and publishing.
- Think creatively about education and tools provided to all users and propose new ideas for how to communicate with user about best practices. Provide excellent customer service to end users and support site managers with content management.
- Monitor sites/pages to ensure they are maintained and regularly updated.
- Encourage site manager engagement with content and enforce governance rules as needed.
- Support MyGoodwill training to member and GII end-users as well as GII site mangers as needed.
- Communicate status of activities, successes and issues to Learning and Engagement Manager. Collaborate with manager on ideas to enhance user experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Internal: Frequent contact with Manager, Learning and Engagement; VP Leadership and Learning; and Chief Learning and Analytics Officer, and coordination across other GII teams to support intranet.
- GII Members: Frequent contact with a range of Goodwill member staff, as needed.
- Outside: Limited contact with a variety of external audiences and stakeholders.
- Government Officials: N/A
- Experienced in providing user guidance, training, best practices and support to SharePoint related tasks.
- Experience creating SharePoint out of the box apps or collaborative tools to include lists, document/form libraries, discussion boards, surveys, calendars, the ribbon, web parts, workflows.
- Experience with roles, permissions and hierarchy, taxonomy, infrastructure design, metadata and search preferred.
- Ability to create, manage and maintain SharePoint Collections and Sites.
- Proficiency in content publishing and content management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Tier 2 support when issues or upcoming system updates arise.
- Experienced in providing quality assurance review and evaluation of SharePoint pages or similar platform.
Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Communications or related field.
1-5 years’ experience in a related field.
Making well-developed recommendations for project plans and strategies, including developing systems, appropriate responses to identified needs, with consultative guidance to improve performance.
General – Latitude is given to determine approaches, procedures and methodologies for carrying out assignments. Work is reviewed to ensure that it is sound and meets objectives.
Sedentary, lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying objects. Walking or standing. Occasional travel, as needed.
Moderate, occasional short deadlines requiring work outside of normal business hours. Work environment occasionally hectic with periods of high stress.