Student Broadcast Associate Jobs Vacancy in Central Washington University Ellensburg
Central Washington University Ellensburg urgently required following position for Student Broadcast Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Student Broadcast Associate Jobs Vacancy in Central Washington University Ellensburg Jobs Details:
- KCWU-FM is looking for a Broadcast IT Associate to work on website and app design, who can create a user-friendly experience for its digital presence.
- The Broadcast IT Associate will be responsible for regularly updating both the website and the app to assure that it is always current and accurate.
- The Broadcast IT Associate will work with the KCWU Brand Manager to design, develop, and execute all goals and initiatives for KCWU’s digital appearance.
- They will work with the KCWU Brand department to brainstorm innovative and creative ideas for giveaways and content.
- The successful candidate will also be required to collect and review all website analytics and data to assure that goals are being met.
- The ability to take on assignments/projects and follow through until completion is critical
- Ability to create actionable insights out of website data
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for the quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including flexibility in writing style and tone.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience with computer systems and software programs including Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite
- The candidate demonstrates a working proficiency in Google analytics, SEO, and other analytical tools.
- Use of WIX web design and other app development software
- Regular updates to both the website and the app to assure that all information about contests, contacts, and programming schedules are correct.
- Create and develop a experience for both 881theburg.com and the 88.1 The Burg App.
- Constructing a app that can for contests, blog reading, streaming the radio stations and podcasts.
- Responsible for overall digital presentation of 88.1 The Burg and increasing traffic to the website.
- Tracking and analyzing data for website KCWU’s app and website
- Works with student video coordinator, student copywriter, social media/ticket giveaway coordinator, and other internal stakeholders to post and track content.
- Works inter-departmentally with the brand manager, student program director, student production coordinator, talent, and music teams to ensure the overall goals of the burg are .
- Coordinates with Digital Graphic artists to assure that all branding and graphics stay up-to-date and current.
- Collaborate with the team in generating promotional ideas; be available for meetings with any departments.
- The Broadcast IT Associate is a vital part of the events and promotion team, as such this position will regularly be required to assist with and lead burg street team events.
- The position is an innovator and looks to stay up to date with the latest technology to assure that KCWU is current.
- Pattern other , comparing product and functionality to our current web to influence future site updates
- The Broadcast IT Associate is an integral part of the KCWU team and will participate regularly with the Promotions team at events.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
- KCWU student staff will gain knowledge, experience, and skills that will benefit them in their educational, personal and professional lives.
- KCWU’s Student Broadcast IT Associate will develop a stronger working knowledge of major languages such as HTML, XHTML, and CSS, as well as experience designing inside a content management systems (CMS) such as Drupal.
Pay & Work Schedule
Pay: $12.00 per hour
Schedule/Hours: 8-12 hours per week
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a variety of settings including an open office setting with frequent in-person interactions, a moderate to low-risk broadcast studio environment requiring competency working with specialized professional audio products, and some outdoor work at on-site station promotional events and within the local community.
It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of remaining for prolonged periods of time at a desk/computer work station, using repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying, and other movements may be required.
This position may require a flexible schedule as well as the ability to lift at least fifty pounds. All paid student staff will be evaluated by supervisory staff at least once per quarter. Also, at the end of every academic year (Spring Quarter, or whenever job openings are posted), all student positions may be challenged, and new personnel may be considered and/or hired for any position even when the incumbent does not otherwise plan to vacate the position during the coming academic year. KCWU RADIO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Benefits: All Student and Temporary/Hourly positions are eligible to accrue paid sick leave. This leave will accrue at one (1) hour of paid sick leave for every 40 hours of work.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- Cover Letter
- Schedule of Availability
- Class Schedule
- (2) Professional References
For questions, please contact:
Name: Jeffrey MacMillan
- Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Current student of CWU enrolled in at least 6 credits.
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.