Production Manager Jobs Vacancy in Rga Enterprises Inc Charlotte
Rga Enterprises Inc Charlotte urgently required following position for Production Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Production Manager Jobs Vacancy in Rga Enterprises Inc Charlotte Jobs Details:
Job Summary: Position reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for supervising all production operations including the safe processing of all filling and packaging operations. This position also requires active participation and leadership in safety, quality, and continuous improvement efforts as directed by the Plant Manager.
Managerial/Supervisory Duties & Responsibilities:
This position supervises all the direct labor responsible for the manufacturing of our finished goods
Employee performance counseling and disciplinary policy enforcement when necessary
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Promote and live the RGA Way
This position is responsible for ensuring daily/weekly production targets are achieved
Able to make quick decisions after weighing all the alternatives and engaging all the workers to react with urgency
Maintain the safety of all the employees and the general upkeep of the equipment in the department
Ensure all quality specifications and customer expectations are met or exceeded
Ensure all production data required is recorded accurately and in a timely manner
Monitor adequate staffing levels
Development of Standard Operating Procedures for assigned areas
Ensure all employees are trained and perform to production standards
Actively identify and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in assigned areas utilizing employee input as much as possible
Facilitate, lead and maintain continuous improvement initiatives in the department
Always interact with employees in a professional manner
Travel requirements less than 10%
Essential – Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Five to ten years of manufacturing related experience
Minimum of two years of management/supervisory experience
Lean manufacturing training and experience a plus
Good problem-solving abilities
Good communication skills – Must be able to effectively communicate goals and priorities to employees under supervision
Basic computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Basic math skills are necessary to perform job functions
Basic writing skills are required in the completion of daily production reports
Basic verbal communication skills are required to transfer or interpret the explanation of problems and to receive and understand work assignments
Valuable/Non-Essential – Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree a plus
Lean certified a plus
Green belt a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Working in manufacturing environment – conditions can be loud
Unconditioned facility where it can be very hot in the summer, and cooler in the winter
Standing and walking on the factory floor for hours should be expected
Hours could extend beyond normal hours
Role Qualifications: Organizational and follow up skills, attention to details, professional, multi-task, responsible, interpersonal skills, written and verbal skills, development, daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
Managerial or Supervisory Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible to make sure task and operations are on schedule and functioning. Accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
Individual Contributor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Effectively manage the production for customer specifications.
- Minimizing cost where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained.
- Improvements on overall equipment effectiveness.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Ability to assess problems and develop action plans for solutions.
- Manage and develop a high performing manufacturing team. Monitor adequate staffing levels, recruitment, training, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize productivity.
- Managing multiple projects with multiple priorities.
- Assist and works in conjunction with sales, marketing, logistics and procurement, as well as vendors and shippers.
- Handle weekly safety email send out. Make sure proper training is done throughout the plant.
Essential – Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Valuable/Non-Essential – Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Highly organized. Ability to read and arithmetic. Computer knowledge, Apple and PC operating systems. E-mail and proper phone skills.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Plant and warehouse presence. Standing and walking, lifting heavy items, long hours worked.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics: Changes daily from being on the floor for many hours if issues arise. Working with supervisors in areas of concerns.
job Description Disclaimer
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.”
- “The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.”