Step Cstep Career Coord Jobs Vacancy in Mercy College Dobbs Ferry
Mercy College Dobbs Ferry urgently required following position for Step Cstep Career Coord. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Step Cstep Career Coord Jobs Vacancy in Mercy College Dobbs Ferry Jobs Details:
CSTEP/STEP Career Coordinator
Collegiate/Science and Technology Entry Program
50% STEP and 50% CSTEP
Coordinator – The Coordinator will work closely with the Director and Assistant Director to facilitate and help implement all program goals and objectives of the STEP and CSTEP grants. A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, or in a STEM area (a master’s degree is preferred) along with previous experience in and dedication to working with students in the target population. The Coordinator will be responsible for the career mentorship/ internship/ research components of the STEP and CSTEP program and those responsibilities include:
- Recruit, interview, and determine eligibility of students for internships and research opportunities and monitor student progress in the STEP and CSTEP programs.
- Coordinate a summer program for CSTEP and STEP students; implement evaluation surveys to determine program effectiveness; interface with faculty; and disseminate information on the success of the program.
- Collect program data, maintain records on student performance and progress, submit periodic reports concerning program operation to Director. Assist coordinator of STEP and Assistant director of CSTEP on monthly program reports
- Organize and conduct academic and professional field trip activities and conferences for students.
- Provide academic counseling including assisting students in the selection of classes; integrating academic advisement with the students’ vocational development; helping students develop skills to monitor their own academic progress and to plan their own course of study; and conferring with students concerning long-range academic and career goals.
- Meet regularly with parents of STEP students in helping students make the transition to college and later to the working world; consulting with other counselors in the school districts to make referrals; organizing and implementing group counseling sessions based on common student interests and needs; and helping students understand their financial situation.
- Provide information to students about career choices and expectation; identifying potential internship sites and helping place students in these internships once sites are established and assuring that C/STEP students participate in career information events such as Career Day and Day of Service.
- Maintain the database of students for interim and final reports. Update database with student personal information, internship placement, grades, assessment, SAT, or regents scores for STEP and GRE, LSAT, GMAT, MCAT for the CSTEP.
- Must have competent computer skills in the Microsoft Office: Word, Access, Excel, and Publisher. Competence in using Banner is required.
- Must be able to drive the college van for short trips with C/STEP students.
- Assist with and perform all duties assigned by the Director or Asst. Director.
Previous experience in working with undeserved populations in the STEM field.
Bachelor’s degree but Master’s preferred
Electronic applications are required and must include a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of at least three references. Please submit the above documentation online at https://jobs.mercy.edu
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, marital status, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Veteran/Disability