Care Management Associate Jobs Vacancy in Aetna San Antonio
Aetna San Antonio urgently required following position for Care Management Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Care Management Associate Jobs Vacancy in Aetna San Antonio Jobs Details:
- Support comprehensive coordination of medical services including Care Team intake, screening and supporting the implementation of care plans to promote effective utilization of healthcare services.
- Promotes/supports quality effectiveness of Healthcare Services.
- Responsible for initial review and triage of Care Team tasks.
- Identifies principle reason for admission, facility, and member product to correctly apply intervention assessment tools.
- Screens patients using targeted intervention business rules and processes to identify needed medical services, make appropriate referrals to medical services staff and coordinate the required services in accordance with the benefit plan.
- Monitors non-targeted cases for entry of appropriate discharge date and disposition.
- Identifies and refers outlier cases (e.g., Length of Stay) to clinical staff.
- Identifies triggers for referral into Aetna's Case Management, Disease Management, Mixed Services, and other Specialty Programs.
- Utilizes eTUMS and other Aetna systems to build, research and enter member information, as needed.
- Support the Development and Implementation of Care Plans.
- Coordinates and arranges for health care service delivery under the direction of nurse or medical director in the most appropriate setting at the most appropriate expense by identifying opportunities for the patient to utilize participating providers and services.
- Promotes communication, both internally and externally to enhance effectiveness of medical management services (e.g.,health care providers, and health care team members respectively)
- Performs non-medical research pertinent to the establishment, maintenance and closure of open cases
- Provides support services to team members by answering telephone calls, taking messages, researching information and assisting in solving problems.
- Adheres to Compliance with PM Policies and Regulatory Standards.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation of required information that meets risk management, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Protects the confidentiality of member information and adheres to company policies regarding confidentiality.
- May assist in the research and resolution of claims payment issues.
- Supports the administration of the hospital care, case management and quality management processes in compliance with various laws and regulations, URAQ and/or NCQA standards, Case Management Society of America (CMSA) standards where applicable, while adhering to company policy and procedures.
- 2-4 years experience as a medical assistant, office assistant.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Additional Job Information:
- Effective communication, telephonic and organization skills.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and concepts used in care management.
- Strong customer service skills to coordinate service delivery including attention to customers, sensitivity to issues, proactive identification and resolution of issues to promote positive outcomes for members.
- Computer literacy in order to navigate through internal/external computer systems, including Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to effectively participate in a multi-disciplinary team including internal and external participants.
Benefits Management - Interacting with Medical Professionals, General Business - Communicating for Impact, Service - Creating a Differentiated Service Experience, Service - Handling Service Challenges
Service - Demonstrating Service Discipline, Service - Providing Solutions to Constituent Needs, Service - Working Across Boundaries
Customer Service - Customer service - production environment, Customer Service - Customer service - retail environment
Desktop Tool - Microsoft Explorer, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Outlook, Desktop Tool - Microsoft Word
Percent of Travel Required:
0 - 10%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.