Recombinant Protein Expression And Purification Associate Jobs Vacancy in Atum Newark
- Recombinant Protein Expression And Purification Associate
- Newark CA
- 06 Sep, 2019 9 days ago
Atum Newark urgently required following position for Recombinant Protein Expression And Purification Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Recombinant Protein Expression And Purification Associate Jobs Vacancy in Atum Newark Jobs Details:
Newark, California, United States
Looking to grow your experience in a great company that is truly employee-centric? Here’s the opportunity to work with a great team with excellent growth potential! ATUM is looking for a new member for our purification team.
ATUM is a world leading bioengineering company. The company has developed an integrated bioengineering pipeline for gene and protein design / optimization / manufacturing as well as unique proprietary platforms for protein and strain engineering. The pipeline relies on state-of-the-art Synthetic Biology and Machine Learning to provide custom made solutions for our customers, including large and small pharma and biotech, as well as agricultural and industrial biotech companies across the globe. ATUM is a 15 year old, heavily science driven company that currently employs ~100 people.
This position is within our protein group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purification and characterization of a variety of protein types including therapeutic proteins, antigens and assay reagents expressed in E.coli and Yeast expression systems. They will not be satisfied with just doing their part but being part of a collaborative team that aims to continually improve. Proteins will be purified at various scales ranging from high throughput robotic purification to many grams. The incumbent is expected to become a subject matter expert in yeast and E.coli fermentation, in addition to downstream purification operation, including chromatography, membrane separation, targeted precipitation, and protein refolding of inclusion bodies.
- Have 3 to 5 years of demonstrated skills in E.coli/Yeast expression systems, and protein purification.
- Are hands-on
- Possess excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Love to work in a team environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to contribute intellectually to projects
- Are able to complete projects under strict deadlines
- And are comfortable working in a fast-paced setting while retaining impeccable organizational skills
…we want to talk to you!
If you also have experience with protein refolding of inclusion bodies and protein characterization that’s a plus!
PhD degree in Biochemistry or related field, or Bachelors/Masters with industry experience. Must have 3-5 years hands-on experience in E.coli/Yeast recombinant protein production.
This position requires the ability to frequently and repetitively move and/or pour a minimum of 5lbs (up to 25lbs may occasionally be required) as well as other physical activities, including:
- Constantly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
- Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
Constantly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.
- Be part of the next gen bio-tech revolution: Quantitative Biology
- Learn new concepts and experiment with new technologies
- Free catered lunch (everyday)
- Excellent benefit package, PTO, Holidays, and more!
- 401(k) & Safe Harbor plan
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls not accepted.