Compliance Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Home Property Management Llc Baltimore
Home Property Management Llc Baltimore urgently required following position for Compliance Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Compliance Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Home Property Management Llc Baltimore Jobs Details:
Provide compliance review and support primarily for federal low-income housing tax credit-regulated properties.
- Pre-Audit – timely reviews and approves tenant move-in and annual income certifications and recertifications for assigned portfolio of LIHTC regulated properties to ensure prompt and accurate verification and certification of tenant incomes with rigorous application of the Compliance Department procedures as well as various HUD or state agency verification standards.
- Supports Property Operations - ensures properties correctly apply LIHTC, HOME, tax-exempt bond and other program regulations or guidance as appropriate affecting key areas such as building applicable fractions, available units, management units, rent-setting, utility allowances, income limits and other rules affecting resident eligibility and provides clear guidance to property associates where these rules may conflict among applicable programs.
- Compliance Monitoring Support - serves as primary point of support for properties undergoing agency and investor file and physical reviews by timely reviewing files at targeted sites in advance of monitoring, reporting on deficiencies to the Director and Regional Team, promptly resolving monitoring questions, assembling supporting documentation, and coordinating timely responses to monitoring findings
- Annual Reporting - ensures accurate and timely preparation of annual owner certifications relating to compliance with occupancy and other program requirements in strict accord with Treasury/IRS, HUD and housing finance agency requirements.
- Training - assists the Director with training new property associates on company compliance policies and procedures relating to file reviews, operating subsidies, and initial LIHTC qualification.
- Yardi Support - assists the IT Department and properties to ensure that property income set asides, rents and other compliance related controls accurately reflect the program constraints on the property, and advises other compliance team members and property associates with pre-audit, YARDI, and utility allowance related questions and concerns affecting daily Yardi use.
- Special Projects - as directed, completes special projects which may include but is not limited to testing Yardi software updates or custom reports with IT, updating compliance forms to conform to regulatory or best practices guidance, etc.
- Agency Relationships - build and maintain positive relationships with HUD, state and local agency compliance associates in the context of day-to-day compliance activities.
- Assembling First Year Files - gather, review and correct all 1st year files for lease-ups and refinanced properties and ensure that files are safely stored in accord with procedures.
- Compliance Inbox Overflow Assistance - during peak workload periods, assist other compliance team members with pre-audit file reviews to minimize disruptions for lease-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position. The incumbent works under general supervision.
- NCHM COS, TCS certifications required within 6 months of hire. Spectrum C3P certification with exam score of 85 or above required within one year.
- NAHB Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP) exam score of 90 or above and three consecutive years of proficient performance reviews as a Compliance Analyst required for promotion to Senior Compliance Analyst.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in a financial discipline preferred.
- One – three years’ experience in HUD-assisted property management or affordable property management or asset management required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel applications; working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated familiarity with affordable processes in property management software such as Yardi, RealPage, Boston Post or equivalent.
- Exceptional analytical skills and detail orientation.
- Superior written communication skills including proper grammar and professional writing.
- Superior verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with and present information to associates at all levels and a wide range of business partners.
- Ability to apply reason, logic, and advanced problem solving skills to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to independently interpret data and draw conclusions and make recommendations based on those conclusions.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the associate is often required to read, write, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or controls, reach with hands, and arms, talk, and/or hear. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is typically moderate.
Travel: In and out of state travel may be required at least 10% of the time.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.