Cps Authorization Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville
Tennessee Oncology Nashville urgently required following position for Cps Authorization Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cps Authorization Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Tennessee Oncology Nashville Jobs Details:
Responsibilities / Essential Functions: Authorization Coordinators are responsible for all administrative aspects of outpatient diagnostic testing and procedure benefit verification and authorization. Authorization Coordinators ensure that Tennessee Oncology meets patient’s insurance requirements for reimbursement before diagnostic testing or procedure.Obtains pre-authorizations for Physician Orders for diagnostic testing or procedure as required by the patient’s insurance carrier
- Communicates with physician/clinical staff on reimbursement issues and/or pre-certification requirements by the patient’s insurance carriers.
- Ensures up-to-date documentation on patient’s accounts in Electronic Medical Record on authorization approvals and denials
- Maintains accurate log of denials
- Communicates with Insurance Authorization Coordinators the need for updated referrals
- Communicates with front office manager and staff in the case of denials that will require rescheduling and/or peer-to-peer review by the ordering physician.
- Communicates with TNONC PET Centers and hospitals or other diagnostic facilities to correct any discrepancies.
- Contacts Insurance Authorization Coordinators to notify of termed insurances.
- Communicates as necessary and in a timely fashion with Front Office and imaging center staff with regards to the status of pending authorizations.
- Contacts Clinical Trial Notification of denied scans for patients on study to verify coverage of scan by study.
- Keeps current on insurance carrier requirements for diagnostic testing and procedures.
- Follows policy and procedures outlined by management to ensure standardization of processes across the clinics
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of clinic office procedures, medical practice and medical terminology.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of end-user computer applications regarding productivity (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), database and patient scheduling and other medical information systems.
- Ability to operate various types of office equipment.
Qualifications & Requirements: •High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Medical insurance background required
Physical Requirements: • Able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary
- Able to lift 25 pounds.