Mortgage Loan Originator Jobs Vacancy in Tropical Financial Credit Union Miramar
Tropical Financial Credit Union Miramar urgently required following position for Mortgage Loan Originator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mortgage Loan Originator Jobs Vacancy in Tropical Financial Credit Union Miramar Jobs Details:
Experienced Loan Officers wanted!!!
Tropical Financial Credit Union needs to add an experienced Mortgage Loan Officer to the Team to serve South Miami market! With today’s rapid changes in the South Florida marketplace, your role as a Mortgage Loan Originator is as important as ever. Tropical is the largest credit union in South Florida and services Miami Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. Experience the difference of working for a respected leader in the credit union industry. We are a not-for-profit, member-owned and member-operated financial cooperative serving in the tri-county area since 1935 with a variety of products and services. For more information please visit our website at www.tropicalfcu.com.
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Originator
Department: Mortgage Lending
Reports to: Mortgage Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in the achievement of its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position is responsible for increasing the Credit Union mortgage-lending portfolio through direct sales by promoting mortgage loan products, conducting initial mortgage application interviews and for obtaining necessary information and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to the Service Standards of Excellence defined by Tropical Financial Credit Union.
- Meet the annual goals established in the Performance Management Cycle and MLO Commission Plan.
- Meet quality standards set forth in the performance plan and MLO Commission Plan.
- Meet pull through standards set forth in the performance plan and MLO Commission Plan.
- Meet repurchase standards set forth in the commission Plan.
- Adhere to all other criteria in the Mortgage Loan Originators Commission Plan
- In many instances, the Mortgage Loan Originator acts as a salesperson and acquires leads and information from branches or Mortgage Information Representative regarding members seeking mortgage related information. Contacts members and makes appointments for meetings. Travels to branches or designated areas to meet with members, at times may be extensive. Follow up with members requesting mortgage applications and information.
- Responsible for business development activities such as establishing and managing relationships with parties involved in the real estate/mortgage industry such as realtors, brokers, title companies, etc.
- Responsible for working with TFCU Branch Managers and other business partners to participate in TFCU activities and events throughout the community, at CU SEG and CU PC company functions and events to promote the credit union and its mortgage products.
- Working knowledge of secondary market requirements and guidelines with experience in completing files to meet the established standards.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for RESPA, Reg Z, HVCC, HMDA etc.
- Attendance and membership in groups like the Chamber of Commerce and other networking opportunities in order to solicit and obtain mortgage applications
- Conduct interviews and gathers appropriate information and documentation regarding the member’s income, credit worthiness and guides the members through the process of applying for a loan.
- Make recommendation to members regarding which mortgage products may meet their particular circumstances
- Rely on use of laptop computers and cellular phone to maintain contact with members as well as with employer.
- Pre-qualify members and non members and completes preliminary underwriting based on documents and data obtained from borrowers. Issues all applicable disclosures and booklets within allotted timeframes.
- Input the loan application in the processing system and obtains all supporting information and documentation to complete the file to investor standards. Coordinates with mortgage staff as needed. Assists with follow-up as needed.
- Discuss any discrepancies with members and provides alternatives to borrowers if file does not meet secondary market standards. If secondary market standards are met, submits for processing. If guideline exceptions are required, prepares file for presentation to management for preliminary credit approval.
- Notify members of acceptance or denial of loan. Discusses the reasons for denial and makes suggestions for future requests.
- Stay abreast of new product lines so that they can better meet the needs of the members
- Ensure data is logged in the HMDA report and submits to processing or stores file in storage area.
- Answer departmental telephones and answers promotional inquire.
- Prepare weekly/monthly report detailing origination and solicitation activity.
- Adhere to timekeeping system requirements on a timely and accurate basis. Seek and obtain advance approval prior to incurring any overtime hours.
- Provide feedback for the development and implementation of new mortgage products.
- BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act, if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
If you join our team, Tropical Financial can offer:
Unlimited earnings potential (with a base salary plus a competitive and aggressive commission structure)
Branch and in-house leads
Comprehensive products with lower rates and fees
Conventional, Jumbo and Portfolio lending as well as all HE/HELOC Products
No intangible taxes and reduced MI rates
In-house underwriting, closing and funding
30 days or less on closings
1st time home buyer program at 97% LTV
Condo programs at 95% LTV
Jumbo loans up to $2 M
Laptop and cell-phone provided
Personalized web site
Employee benefits after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K with employer contribution and more.
In the ever-changing mortgage lending environment, you need to be with a stable lender who understands the South Florida marketplace, and who is prepared to make loans under the new CFPB rules and regulations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An individual in this position is required to interact regularly with all credit union employees and external parties such as realtors, business leaders, and closing agents etc., therefore outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at times.
- Valid driver’s license required and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual skills may be required for certain locations.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage sudden changes in the workflow.
- Ability to facilitate presentations to individuals and groups such as realtors, brokers, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Three to five years mortgage origination or processing experience with a focus on sales.
- High School Diploma
- Must be eligible to successfully obtain or have active a NMLS License
- Working knowledge of Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) and Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage related software packages.
- Please apply if you are an MLO with a minimum of 3 years of current experience in loan originations, a verifiable book of business, an active pipeline of realtors and an active NMLS license
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.