Computer Systems Technician Jobs Vacancy in City Maryville Maryville
City Maryville Maryville urgently required following position for Computer Systems Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Computer Systems Technician Jobs Vacancy in City Maryville Maryville Jobs Details:
Performs intermediate technical work providing computer user assistance remotely or in person, installing, maintaining and repairing computer and related equipment and systems, and related work as apparent or assigned.
- Answers the helpdesk support line; provides remote desktop assistance and on and off site, deskside assistance and troubleshooting for supported hardware, databases, and software applications; assists users in the program use of hardware and software.
- Installs, updates and maintains programs.
- Ensures end-point devices have current anti-virus software, device drivers, required Windows updates, software updates, etc., installed; connects PCs to the network.
- Analyzes hardware defects, troubleshoots failed parts; updates drivers and firmware and makes repairs to computers, laptops, MDT's, printers, and other related equipment.
- Performs imaging and installation of required applications and DB connections of new and existing computers, laptops, MDT's, etc.
- Maintains hardware inventory and prepares out-of-service hardware for sale and/or recycling.
- Creates, changes, and deletes various user accounts as required.
- Maintains established network printer group policies; maintains established active directory security groups and deployment groups.
- Maintains the print server printer setups and device driver updates.
- Coordinates with vendors and contractors on application and computer hardware related issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of the operation, uses and capabilities of computer equipment; thorough knowledge of methods and techniques used to maintain and repair computer equipment; thorough knowledge of programming techniques and mathematics as applied to computer operations; thorough knowledge of the hazards of the work and of necessary safety precautions; skill in the use of personal computers, related software applications, hardware and peripheral equipment; ability to troubleshoot and resolve user and system problems; ability to train others in computer hardware and software applications; ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions; ability to read and understand maintenance manuals and to work from sketches, drawings and diagrams; ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates; skill in the use of computer equipment. Knowledge of Active Directory user setup & maintenance, group and print policy setup and maintenance, and knowledge of imaging process, VLAN’s and IP subnetting.
Education and Experience
Associates/Technical degree and moderate experience in all areas of knowledge related to computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Obtain Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification within six months of hire.
Valid driver’s license in the State of Tennessee.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,813.00 to $49,613.00 /year
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off