Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Yield Engineering Systems Fremont
Yield Engineering Systems Fremont urgently required following position for Mechanical Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Mechanical Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Yield Engineering Systems Fremont Jobs Details:
Yield Engineering Systems (YES) has built process controlequipment for semiconductor, biomedical, and technical applications to meet theneeds of innovative engineers for over 30 years. Yield Engineering isconveniently located in Livermore, CA for major access to freeways, means ofcommunication, and travel in the SF Bay Area.
Y.E.S. is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in the fieldof Semiconductor and Biotech Manufacturing Equipment.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, who hasfamiliarity with the design and fabrication methods required to produceSemiconductor Process Equipment that is used to process wafers for theSemiconductor and Biotech Industries. Experience is required to interact andguide suppliers, contract manufacturers, and or product development partners,related to mechanical design.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Design, CAD modeling, documentation and assembly of mechanical components andassemblies, related to the development of a variety of Semiconductor Machines.
- Generate innovative configuration options in SolidWorks and createpresentation material for internal and customer reviews.
- Tolerance analysis; including Manufacturing or Fabrication toleranceallocations.
- Take ownership of all documentation for created designs including drawings,Bill of Materials, specifications and data sheets, ECOs, etc.
o Manage CAD files within SolidWorks
o Manage BOMs with the MRP Business Application, called PCMRP
o Collaborate with other team members and record key information and decisionsusing
Business Application Software or in-house developed reports from MicrosoftSuite of Products
- Manufacturing Engineering experience supporting mid volume production (ECNs,BOMs, work instructions, equipment/tooling/fixture/test development,troubleshooting).
- Electronic, Safety, and/or Electromechanical testing, and tool/fixture designexperience
- Experience with NPI process/deliverables, and ability to drive engineeringprojects.
- Experience interacting and working with Sales & Marketing, Production,Purchasing, Field Service, Inventory, and Quality Control.
- Some Travel required supporting start-ups of newly designed equipment.Updated travel documents required.
+ A plus, would be the experience of working and leading teamsin Engineering projects
- 5 to 7+ years of related design experience.
- Experience in product design and manufacturing related to the Processing andProduction of Semi-conductor and Bio tech equipment
- Familiarity with common engineering materials, finishes and fabricatingtechniques is expected.
- Good communication skills and possess a winning team attitude.
Must-Have Skill sets:
- Strong mechanical engineering background related to Semiconductor ProcessEquipment design.
- Relevant experience using SolidWorks CAD software.
- High level of proficiency with SolidWorks
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability and skills necessary to assemble, align, and test mechanical andelectro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience designing sheet metal enclosures, trays and brackets, frameweldments, sliding and rotating platforms, and cable routing solutions.
- Experience working with, and providing input to, outsourced mechanical designfirms, and or contract manufacturers is a plus.
- Proficient generating and maintaining engineering documentation, ECN's, andECO's.
- Experience in design of Vacuum tools is necessary.
- Position will be a full-time position
- Company offers: Medical Plan, 401k, Vacation and Sick, Holiday
- Located in a modern work friendly environment
- Location: In-house position based in Livermore, scheduled to move to Fremont,CA in 9 months
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- relevant: 8 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical Design: 8 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity